Students selected as a Degree Student via Open Study Path to Degree Programmes conducted in English

We want to welcome you to start your studies as a degree student! This page includes instructions how to accept the study place and how to enroll as a degree student. Please follow the instructions and notice the important dates mentioned at this page.

1 Accepting the study place

You can accept the study place online at

  1. If you have Finnish banking codes you can accept the study place at Just click “My Studyinfo” to sign in with your banking codes to accept the study place and enrol as a student. The final deadline to accept the study place is 4 December 2020, 3 pm.
  2. If you do not have the Finnish National Identification Number you received an automatic email when the results were published, thus, you are able to enter via a link that you received in the email and accept the study place.
  3. If there are any problems or you cannot enter (you do not have the banking codes or you did not receive the email mentioned above), please contact the Student Services as soon as possible (studentservices(at) We can provide you a document which allows you to accept the study place via paper document.

Notice that you need to accept the study place by 4 December 2020, 3 pm at the latest. If one has not accepted the study place by the deadline the study place is cancelled and given for the first person on the waiting list.

Notice that you can only accept one study place during autumn 2020.

2 Enroll for Attendance / Non-attendance

After you have accepted the study place you also need to enroll attendance/non-attendance at Students must enroll for attendance (=attending) or non-attendance (=absent). Only those enrolled for attendance have the right to register for courses and pursue the studies. If you do NOT enrol for attendance or non-attendance by 4 December 2020, 3 pm you will lose the study place.

You may enroll for non-attendance only in in the case of illness that prevent you for starting your studies, pregnancy/parenting leave, or military service. If you are going to enroll for non-attendance, you need to provide a document that proves of one of these reasons for absence. The document must be delivered to JAMK Student Services by 4 December 2020, 3 pm. More information at the studyguide.

Note, in case you need to pay tuition fees (you are not an EU citizen and do not hold one of the exempting documents, such as a permanent residence in Finland), then you cannot enroll as a student before you have paid the tuition fee. Please check more information about the tuition fees below.

3 Checking the transcript of records

The required studies must be at Peppi system by 20 December 2020 if you have completed your studies at JAMK Open UAS. If you have completed open studies in another Finnish open UAS, please send a copy of your transcript by 20 December 2020. 

If you are selected as a Master’s Degree student provide bachelor’s degree and work certificates (at least 2 years)

You need to send us the copies of your certificates by 4 December 2020, at the latest. The original degree certificates (work and bachelor’s degree certificate) will be checked by the Student Services at the beginning of your studies. If you fail to show the original certificates your study place will be revoked.

In Master's Degree you have to complete at least 30 or 20 credits (ECTS) depending on the programme.

4 Tuition fees / exemption of tuition fees

A new legislation concerning tuition fees came into effect in Finland 1st of January 2016. Therefore, higher education institutions are obliged to charge tuition fees for those students who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA).The legislation concerns degree programmes taught in English.

The tuition fees of JAMK for NON-EU/EEA citizens are €8,000/academic year for Bachelor's Degrees taught in English and €9,000/academic year for Master's Degrees taught in English.

The following document exempts students of paying tuition fees:

  • a Finnish passport or a passport of any other EU/EEA country
  • Continuous residence permit card in Finland (type A permit)
  • Permanent residence permit card in Finland (type P permit)
  • EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence card in Finland (Type P-EU)
  • EU Blue Card in Finland
  • EU Family Member's Residence Card in Finland

If you hold one of the documents, send us a copy of it as soon as possible. . Thus, if you have one of these cards you do not need to pay the tuition fee! We will check the original document in the beginning of studies. If you are in the process of receiving one of these cards, please inform us about that as well. If you start your studies in the autumn semester the card must be valid on 1st of August and it must be presented by 31st August to be exempted from paying the tuition fee. In the spring semester the card must be valid on 1st of January and it must be presented by 31st January to be exempted from paying the tuition fee. Notice, if you receive one of the documents at any point of your studies, please inform your Study Affairs Coordinator immediately, then you are exempted from paying the tuition fees starting from the following semester.

In the first academic year, a scholarship covers 50% of the tuition fee at JAMK. At JAMK a scholarship can be given only to such students who are required to pay tuition fees.

More information at our website:

Information about “Am I required to pay tuition fees” at

5 User code, enrollment for courses and accrediting the courses completed in the Open Studies

Your status will change from a student in the Open Studies as a degree student of JAMK.

Please read the JAMK network usage rules and Vetuma instructions to receive a new user code. The Vetuma -service works with banking codes. If you do not have banking codes (Nordea, OP, Sampo etc.) please contact the Student Services (studentservices(at)

You also need the user code to access Elmo student intra. The Elmo student intranet has more information about starting your studies and other practical information. You will receive more information about the course enrollment from your tutor teacher in the beginning of studies. The Open Studies completed at JAMK that that can be recognized as part of the degree programme are transferred to your new transcript of records by the Student Services in the beginning of the studies. In case you have completed Open Studies in other UAS, please discuss with your tutor teacher about the accreditation of such courses in the beginning of studies.

JAMK Services and other information